NODWIN Gaming to Acquire Freaks 4U Gaming for Rs 271 Crore


NODWINNODWIN Gaming, a leading e-sports and gaming company, announced its acquisition of Berlin-based Freaks 4U Gaming for Rs 271 crore. This acquisition will be executed through its Singapore-based subsidiary, NODWIN Gaming International Pte.

The deal involves a share swap agreement that will gradually increase NODWIN's current 13.51% stake in Freaks 4U Gaming to full ownership. Initially, NODWIN Gaming International will elevate its stake to 57%, with the remaining 43% owned by founders Michael Haenisch, Matthias Remmert, and Jens Enders planned to be acquired in subsequent tranches at NODWIN’s discretion.

“This acquisition is a pivotal step in our global growth strategy”, said Akshat Rathee, Co-Founder of NODWIN Gaming. “By integrating Freaks 4U Gaming’s expertise and resources, we are poised to deliver unparalleled services and expand our global footprint in the gaming and esports industries”.

Haenisch, one of the Founders of Freaks 4U Gaming, expressed optimism about the merger. “With our shared vision and ambition, we look forward to driving our global expansion while spearheading innovation and growth for gaming and esports”, he said.

The acquisition aligns with NODWIN Gaming’s strategy to enhance its global presence in the gaming and esports sector. Existing investors of Freaks 4U Gaming will become shareholders of NODWIN Gaming International Pte as part of the transaction.

Freaks 4U Gaming, which provides comprehensive agency services and solutions to brands and publishers, reported revenue of Rs 223 crore in 2023. The acquisition follows NODWIN Gaming's purchase of game marketing agency PublishME last year for $2 million, marking a continued expansion of its market reach.

NODWIN Gaming’s strategic move to fully acquire Freaks 4U Gaming underscores its commitment to becoming a dominant player in the global gaming and esports landscape.